We are taking every precaution we can to ensure the safety of our teachers and students during COVID-19. Here is what to expect when taking in-person music lessons at our school.
- Piano students will have a separate keyboard from their teacher.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the hallway, as well as each room to use when touching shared surfaces and instruments.
- Equipment is wiped down with alcohol after each use.
- We have placed MERV13 filters in our heating and cooling units.
- HEPA filters and UVC lamps are used in individual rooms for further sanitization of the air.
- Mask wearing is mandatory for teachers and students entering the school.
- If you can show your vaccination card as proof of being fully vaccinated, you may ask your teacher permission to allow you to take your lesson maskless.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 Check-in Guidelines
- Students and teachers must wear a mask at all times in the studio, NO exceptions. If you are unable to wear a mask for any reason, you can not attend in-person lessons.
- If you feel ill or have a temperature, please reschedule your lesson.
- Students and parents may wait outside or in the parking lot of the school. The lobby will be closed.
- If you wish to accompany your child during lessons, make arrangements with your teacher beforehand to do so. Otherwise, students are to be dropped off to their lesson and picked up afterwards. Look for a text from your teacher to know when they are ready to see you. Please do not wait in the hallway or wander inside the school.
- If you are dropping your child off, please wait outside for the duration of your child’s lesson. Our teachers are scheduled back to back and will not be able to tend to children if parents are late to pick them up.
- Rhinebeck School of Music will not be responsible for a student’s safety once they exit the school. Parents must be ready to pick them up once their lesson has ended.
- Doors will be propped open at the entrances, so students can enter without touching the door knobs.
- Hand sanitizer is available. Please use it before touching any shared equipment and when using the bathroom.
- Teachers are required to wipe down shared equipment after each student.
- Thank you for your patience and understanding during these trying times. We are committed to keeping our teachers and students as safe as possible.