Playing music is fun, but teaching is also a business. Please understand that it is our livelihood and cancellations greatly affect our income. If you are interested in becoming a student, please take the time to download and read through our policies. Thank you!
At this time, we accept payment in the form of cash or check only. You will pay your teacher directly for each lesson and payment is due at the time of your lesson. As of January 1st, 2019, weekly payments will no longer be accepted and we will only accept monthly payment to ensure you can reserve your spot. Please read our cancellation policy carefully, because we do not offer refunds for missed lessons for any reason, with a few exceptions.
Our teachers are independent contractors and are allowed to set their own lesson rates. Lesson rates are between $25-30 for half hour lessons, $45-50 for 45 minute lessons, and between $50-60 for hour lessons, depending on the teacher.
* Students are asked to give notice of cancellation 24 hours in advance of their scheduled time slot. If notice is not received, the student will be charged and forfeit their lesson. No refunds will be given for missed lessons for any reason, unless your teacher misses the lesson, there is a major holiday where the school is closed, or there is severe weather.
* If proper notice of a cancellation is provided, a make-up lesson can be scheduled. Students can contact their teacher to make arrangements to do so. All missed lessons must be made up within 30 days and only four make-ups will be allowed per year. Make-up lessons are dependent on your teacher’s schedule and availability and are up to the student to schedule.
* If a student misses a lesson without notifying their teacher, a “no show,” the student will forfeit the lesson and no make up will be provided. If any student misses two consecutive lessons without notifying their teacher, the time slot will be made available to other students.
* If your teacher needs to miss a lesson, they will notify you as soon as possible. If you paid in advance, they will provide a make-up lesson or give you a refund. Again, make-up lessons are dependent on your teacher’s schedule and availability.
* Students who are more than 5 minutes late for their lesson will not get their full time. Most lessons are scheduled back to back and our schedules are full. Your lesson will end when it is time for the next student’s to begin. If your lesson starts late because your teacher's schedule is running behind, you WILL get your full time.
* In the event of bad weather, contact your teacher to see if lessons are still on. Lessons may be canceled during snow storms, depending on the severity. We don’t operate on the school’s schedule. School may let out early due to the threat of snow, but we will continue to do lessons, as long as the roads are still drivable. We prefer to take a “wait and see” approach to bad weather. You will be charged for your lesson if you cancel due to snow prematurely.
* We do not operate on the school’s schedule of holidays and breaks. We are only closed for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Forth of July, Thanksgiving, Memorial Day, and Labor Day. All other holidays, such as Columbus Day, President’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, etc., we operate on our regular schedule. If you plan to take any of those holidays off, please give us notice.
If you need to stop taking lessons, we ask that you give us two weeks written notice sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always looking for feedback, so if you can, please provide your reason for stopping, so we can better assist others in the future.
* If you plan to take a vacation or break during the Summer months, please consider letting us know in advance, so we can plan for it.
* If you sign up and pay in advance for a workshop, group lesson, or master class, there are NO refunds.
* We are committed to working hard and doing our best to help you achieve your goals. Please respect our policies and understand that as much fun as music is, it is also how we make our living.